Getting an apt while self employed

  1. You can't legally fake w2 forms, nor can you legally go back and retroactively become a S Corp (what you have to have to pay yourself w2). So no, you can't do that. You need to find a landlord that is willing to base it on the 1 year of tax returns.

  2. I wouldn't fake one. I would hire myself as an employee and then submit pay stubs to them not a w2. Because they only need 4 pay stubs if I'm not "self employed" which I technically wouldn't be if I were hired by my company.

  3. Ask if they'll accept bank statements showing deposits for the past year which is more than pay stubs would show but less than tax returns would.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may have missed