Supports regional implementation of those elements of the 2030 Agenda that relate to education by:
- Providing regional inputs to the normative and analytical work undertaken at the global level and translating global mandates and norms into regional mandates through coordination of the work of the UN and other partners at the regional level on the implementation of Education 2030.
- Supporting regional/sub-regional initiatives in specific areas which require coordinated effort by multiple agencies, with a specific focus on ASEAN, SAARC, the Pacific Island Forum (PIF) and the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO).
- Ensuring coherence around regional policy and synergy to optimize the impact of the combined efforts of the UN system and other key partners in the education sector with a focus on aligning strategic approaches to education.
- Selecting and implementing regionally-oriented activities that will have the greatest impact toward moving forward the 2030 Agenda at the country level, wherever possible in alignment with the regional UNDG Peer Support Group, thereby ensuring integration of common global and regional priorities, commitments and good practices in national and UN country team planning processes including UNDAFs.
- Contributing to the coordination efforts of the TWG on Statistics to ensure regional inputs into global processes, and regional implementation of global mandates, including monitoring and review of SDG progress.